Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Little Leah

Leah is such a good baby and I definitely don't want to go back to work. It has been so enjoyable spending time with Clare and her. I have been so much more relaxed with the Leah so it has been so enjoyable. I can't believe she is almost 2 months already.
  • Leah is a great sleeper. On most nights she is asleep by 10 and then wakes up between 4 and 5 in the morning. She will then go back to sleep until 9. We do still have those occasional nights where she gets up a couple of times.
  • She loves to eat. Breast feeding came a lot easier this second time around, which has made it more difficult to transition Leah to a bottle. She has taken a couple of bottles but still prefers to be breastfed. Hopefully, she gets better at taking the bottle since I have less than a week until I return to work.
  • She is starting to smile all the time, which I have yet to get a picture of. Her smile is so precious and her whole face lights up when she smiles. Mitch and I love to be the first to hold her when she wakes up because that is when she smiles the most.
  • She is a very content baby and laid back. She only fusses when she wants to nurse or has a dirty diaper. Most of the time she is content sitting in her swing or bouncy seat watching Clare.
  • She loves Clare. Leah becomes so alert when Clare is around and moves her head to try to find her. Leah smiles the most for Clare especially when she dances for her.
  • She loves to take baths. She just lays there enjoying the warm water and is happy until you take her out.
  • She is doing well with her belly time. I think it helps that Clare entertains her while she is laying on the ground.
  • She is becoming so cuddly. Her little body is getting rolls all over it and I'm loving it. I can't wait to see how much weight she has gained.
So content sleeping.
Loving her bath time.

Trying to figure out what Mom is doing.
She loves to be held and talked to.

Our little cupcake resting in her bouncer.
She is starting to stay awake longer and becoming more alert.

1 comment:

Merri said...

I love the photo of her sleeping! It is beautiful! :)