Thursday, January 24, 2008

36 Week Dr. Check-Up

We had our 36 week doctor check-up on Tuesday. I'm now going to the doctors on a weekly basis. Mitch was finally able to go with me to an appointment, which he hasn't been to one since we had our ultra sound at the 6 month appointment. It was a little disappointing for us since our regular doctor was on vacation. The other doctor in the practice was supposed to do the appointment but instead let a resident student do the appointment. You could definitely tell the individual was just starting her residency. I told Clare that she needed to stay in until our doctor returns from her vacation on Monday.

Everything was looking good. My belly is measuring right on target, Clare's heartbeat is around 160, and there wasn't any change in my dilation but she is definitely moving her way down. My belly already feels as though it is stretched to its max and I'm starting to see some small stretch marks. OH NO!!!! I was beginning to think I would maybe make it without any.

My contractions have started to pick-up and are getting stronger, however, they aren't happening in a regular pattern. I'm convinced Clare is waiting for me to finish some last minute projects at work. It will definitely be nice to have some time off to spend at home.

It is amazing that I'm still finding energy to work about 10 hours a day but it helps keep my mind off of thinking about when the baby will come. Mitch and I are both anxious. This week has been a little crazy for us because Mitch brought us home a cold from school. I had to work from home on Monday and Mitch stayed home on Wednesday. Thankfully we are both doing a lot better today and are just trying to get as much sleep as possible.

No comments: