Thursday, January 3, 2008

Week 33 Doctor's Check-Up

Today I had my 33 week check-up with the doctor. Clare is right on target where she needs to be. The Doctor was estimating that she is about 4 pounds, which is larger than she was expecting her to be. I have finally started to put some weight on again, so my total weight gain to date has been approximately 16 pounds. I will need to continue with the contraction medication for another two weeks. There is also some concern with my blood pressure, which has been high the last couple of visits. The good news is that my blood pressure goes down within five minutes if I lay on my left side. The Doctor has decided to test me for toxemia just to be on the safe side. We are hoping everything turns out otherwise there is a strong possibility I will have to go on bed rest.

The Doctor is very pleased with the health of Baby Clare and would like her to remain inside her momma for a couple of more weeks. More than likely, the Doctor is going to have an ultra sound done after my next appointment to get a better estimate of the size of the baby. The Doctor is starting to think that Little Clare is going to be early rather than late. She is definitely running out of room inside my stomach. In fact the Doctor was laughing because my belly is looking like most women look at 38 weeks. I will keep everyone posted on the results of my tests performed for toxemia.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Hey you! I love the site. This was a great idea. But where are all the great pics of you, Mitch and Gage? - Stacy