Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Are We There Yet?

I'm definitely getting restless and very impatient. Every morning I wake up and wonder if today will be the day. Today I had my 39 week check-up. It was nice because Mitch was able to go to my appointment with me. There has been some progress I'm dilated to 2 centimeters and almost 100% effaced, which is an improvement over last week and my doctor reminds me that I should be thankful for the progression. It was nice because she took a little extra time to discuss things with Mitch and I. I think she could tell that mentally I'm getting pretty worn out and plus Mitch was quick to inform her of my discomfort.

She told me that for sure my last office visit will be next Wednesday if I haven't had the baby over the weekend. At this time we will be scheduling an induction. The baby is about 7 to 7 1/2 pounds and she is still moving quite a bit. As I sit her complaining about my discomfort I have to remind myself that I need to just be thankful for Clare being healthy. She will be here soon enough. At times I know that a lot of my impatients is due to the fact that I'm not in control of the situation and as many of you know my personality I always need to be in control and like to plan things out. Well Clare is already proving to me that I'm not going to be able to be in control like in the past. Mitch and I are hoping I progress on my own over the weekend so that I don't have to be induced. I'm sure it will be easier if my body is able to do things on my own. Thank-you to everyone who has been supportive of us and for those of you who have had to deal with me over the last couple of weeks especially my husband who has been so loving to me even when I'm not showing my best side.

No comments: