Friday, March 7, 2008

Rough Week :(

I apologize for not posting any pictures or updates recently. It has been a pretty rough week. Mitch went back to work this week, which started out okay but took a turn for the worst mid-week. My Doctor still has me on limited physical activity and I have to spend most of my time laying down with my feet up. Hopefully, when I go to the my doctor's appointment next week I will be taken off of some of the restrictions that have been placed on me. As if having to stay in bed isn't bad enough I developed Mastitis in one of my breast.

It started Wednesday afternoon. I was trying to nurse Clare and all of a sudden I got the chills really bad, started to ache all over, and had a fever of 100. My symptoms progressively got worse and within an hour my temperature was up to 103. I called the doctors and they knew immediately what was wrong with me. Thankfully, it was right at the end of Mitch's school day so I was able to call him to come home. Unfortunately, he had to miss his final for the class he is taking this quarter but the professor is allowing him to make it up. I was barely able to hold Clare by this point. I'm now starting to feel a little better, however, my infected breast is still really sore and it hurts tremendously to pump from it. I hope I don't ever get this again. I should have more time this weekend to put some pictures on the Blog since Mitch will be home.

No comments: