Friday, March 14, 2008

Week 3 Update

Check-out those chubby legs. She is content after eating.

Daddy doing the night time feeding.
Gage insists laying by the crib when Clare takes her naps during the day. He is definitely becoming more interested in her.

Clare taking her morning nap in her crib. She definitely looks content.
Clare fell asleep last night as Mitch was burping her. She is so flexible.

This week has been really good. Clare and I have finally settled into a routine. She has become a great sleeper. In fact, last night she went to bed at 10:00 p.m. and slept until 6:00 a.m. I still got up a couple of times to check on her because this is the first she has done this. Her typical schedule is that she will go to bed around 11:00, wakes up at 3:00 a.m. to eat, and then wakes around 6:00 a.m. She has started to eat a lot more and typically will eat around 4-5 ounces each time. I'm breastfeeding during the day and then for her last feeding at night and during the night we typically feed her from a bottle. She does great switching between the two, which is good for when I have to go back to work. I definitely have no trouble producing enough milk to keep her fed. If I'm not breastfeeding then I am busy pumping. It seems like a never ending process.

She is growing out of her new born clothes. It seems like every couple of days we have to switch out her clothes. I'm loving being home with Clare and it is so nice to finally be able to move around and start to get in a routine. Clare is a pretty good baby. Mitch has a checklist that he goes through when she cries: Is she hungry? Does she have a dirty diaper? Has she burped and/or passed gas? His theory is that if he has checked for all these things then she should be okay and shouldn't be crying. He doesn't understand that sometimes she just wants to be held and cuddled. He is starting to realize it and is more willing to ensure she falls fast asleep before laying her down. He did insist that she start sleeping in her crib this week. I know this sounds corny but I cried the first night she slept in her crib instead of the bassinet. I felt like it was a sign that she was growing up but I now realize how much easier it is to sleep for all of us. She makes a lot of noises when she sleeps so I would wake up at every wimper.


It is amazing how fast she is changing. Everyday she becomes more active and appears older. I cherish everyday that I can spend at home with her. I only have four more weeks before I return to work. This week I visited the day care she will be attending. My heart was put at ease when I got to meet a couple of the little girls who will be there with her. The girls are 3 and 4 and were so excited to meet her. They wanted to help me feed her and change her diaper. Clare will only be there with the two girls during the day so the day care provider ensured me that she would have plenty of time to give her attention. I know it is going to be hard but I definitely know that Clare will be well taken care of and will great interaction with the little girls.

2 comments:

The Chases said...

I love your updates! Clare is so adorable and she has red hair! I love it. She is such a great mix of you both. We are going to a wedding at the end of the month (the 29th) in Yakima. Are you up for visitors? We'd love to stop by and see you three.

Radtke Fam! said...

She is so cute! Cuddle her as much as you want because they sure don't stay that way for long.You are a great mom.
Love,sis